When MW was number 1...

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: When MW was number 1...

  1. #1
    Prominent Poet bam bam.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    1,471

    When MW was number 1...

    So what has changed in the days since this game was number 1. Feel free to add ur thoughts below.

    I remember when this game was number 1 earner on I-tunes...
    ...LTQs were completable for at most a couple hundred gold
    ...gold was cheaper in a lot of countries (Aus, Ireland and others have 30% itunes markup now)
    ...there was decent amounts of time between events
    ...there were never overlapping LTQs, occasional overlapping of events (very occasional)
    ...gold was given when the company messed up as a sincere apology
    ...advertising was pretty accurate
    ...gambling was not the focus
    ...team work was encouraged but as an individual if u worked hard u could still get a head
    ...it was a 2 speed game, u grinded for hrs and kept pace or u payed a lil, saved time & completed event
    ...u played an hr a day n it was fun (not a full time job just to fall behind if u didnt purchase everything)
    ...inflation was carefully kept in control
    ...war was the focus of the faction

  2. #2
    Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In da mornin' DEW
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    339
    There is some confusion about this title ever being number one.
    In fact, that number one designation can be obtained for a fee.
    Very little, if anything is legitimate about Apple's ranking system.
    Its the hype, boss man, it's the hype.

    But, the alleged social aspect and focus have destroyed the title at whatever rank it may have once held.

    Social gaming is more a female interest, than a male interest.
    Look at other titles, and you'll confirm it.

    Most males tend to play games alone, or with one or two other friends.

    These 60 person factions were formed to exert extreme peer pressure over the weak minded with jellyfish spines.

    The number one stuff, greatest game ever are urban myths, legends, or things that make you go, hmmmm.... Things like Bigfoot, alien abductions and anal probes, unicorns, pretty pink ponies, and people buying fake gold.
    Last edited by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT; 08-20-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    We're just NUTTY about DEWIN NUTIIN, a whole lotta NUTTIN.
    R U lazy enough, crazy enough, and dumb enough to make the cut?
    Free Tappers Lives Matter!
    755561702


  3. #3
    Verbose Veteran VileDoom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Out of my mind.
    Post Count
    572
    I learned my lesson LONG ago and as each day passes more learn theirs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

    Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

  4. #4
    Prominent Poet bam bam.'s Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    1,471
    Quote Originally Posted by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT View Post
    There is some confusion about this title ever being number one.
    In fact, that number one designation can be obtained for a fee.
    Very little, if anything is legitimate about Apple's ranking system.
    Its the hype, boss man, it's the hype.

    But, the alleged social aspect and focus have destroyed the title at whatever rank it may have once held.

    Social gaming is more a female interest, than a male interest.
    Look at other titles, and you'll confirm it.

    Most males tend to play games alone, or with one or two other friends.

    These 60 person factions were formed to exert extreme peer pressure over the weak minded with jellyfish spines.

    The number one stuff, greatest game ever are urban myths, legends, or things that make you go, hmmmm.... Things like Bigfoot, alien abductions and anal probes, unicorns, pretty pink ponies, and people buying fake gold.

    brilliant insights

  5. #5
    Verbose Veteran VileDoom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Out of my mind.
    Post Count
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT View Post
    Social gaming is more a female interest, than a male interest.
    Look at other titles, and you'll confirm it.

    Most males tend to play games alone, or with one or two other friends.
    Not sure how you define social gaming but in other online games I've played, particularly MMO's, my guilds/factions/alliances always predominantly consisted of male players.

    I don't want to derail the original intent of the thread but your statement struck me as odd. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

    Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

  6. #6
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Your back door
    Post Count
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by VileDoom View Post
    Not sure how you define social gaming but in other online games I've played, particularly MMO's, my guilds/factions/alliances always predominantly consisted of male players.

    I don't want to derail the original intent of the thread but your statement struck me as odd. Lol
    He/she is probably just Mentally Incompetent

  7. #7
    Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In da mornin' DEW
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by VileDoom View Post
    Not sure how you define social gaming but in other online games I've played, particularly MMO's, my guilds/factions/alliances always predominantly consisted of male players.

    I don't want to derail the original intent of the thread but your statement struck me as odd. Lol
    We tend to base our decisions on anecdotes and personal experiences.
    Until this THING came along, I was never involved in mass gaming.
    I'm not making that assertion on my limited experiences, however.
    There have been several studies that support the observation that social gaming trends female.
    Males tend to be more independent in their online gaming choices.

    That's not true, however, in the case of sports.
    Males tend to do group or social things more readily in real life.
    Think sports bars, god, baseball outings, softball (work related sports), etc...

    I apologize, OP for going off topic.

    Back on topic, was this thing ever number UNO?

    i think we'll never really know.

    We do know that it's in the middle or perhaps the bottom 30% today.

    Check out the site App Anne if you want real statistics about online games.
    We're just NUTTY about DEWIN NUTIIN, a whole lotta NUTTIN.
    R U lazy enough, crazy enough, and dumb enough to make the cut?
    Free Tappers Lives Matter!
    755561702


  8. #8
    Social Media Manager
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Post Count
    1,901
    While you have some interesting insights and feedback, a game must continue to grow, change, and develop to stay competitive in the market.

    On the other note about female gamers percentage, the female population does now make up 48% of gaming community as a whole. Women are found to be attracted more to gaming on personal computers, mobile devices, and Nintendo's Wii. So yes, women are getting into more hardcore gaming. Another growing trend to you men play games alone: while you may be alone in your living room, many gamers are not playing alone. They are playing with others online including with their friends. Another growing trend is actually couples gaming. Just a few interesting tidbits for you all.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    GMT +01
    Post Count
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT View Post
    There is some confusion about this title ever being number one.
    In fact, that number one designation can be obtained for a fee.
    Very little, if anything is legitimate about Apple's ranking system.
    Its the hype, boss man, it's the hype.
    From that I take you've never ran a mobile ad campaign... Please don't make such bold statements on area's you're not fully informed about.

  10. #10
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Stoke on Trent
    Post Count
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadaaah View Post
    While you have some interesting insights and feedback, a game must continue to grow, change, and develop to stay competitive in the market
    But don't you think that gree are forcing this game out of the market with it's constant need to spend silly amounts of money to complete events,,
    Surely it would be better to put some events within reach of free players, to entice new players to stay without the need to spend 1 weeks wage every cycle

  11. #11
    Verbose Veteran VileDoom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Out of my mind.
    Post Count
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT View Post
    There have been several studies that support the observation that social gaming trends female.
    I think these studies should have sampled more online games than just The Sims.


    /edit


    Tadaaah, GREE has earned the title GREEdy by many players for good reason. The company you represent goes more than out of its way to stick it to its player base.

    Related to this subject, one of the biggest complaints in GREE games and in all other pay to win games that I’ve played is a lack of balance. I have however come to the realization that balance is simply not possible in these types of games compared to a buy it once, wait for the expansion and buy that as well. The desire to separate yourself from the rest is the driving force to buy gems/gold etc. Although I don’t have statistical data to support my statements I speculate sales of gold/gems could still be maintained along with a reduction in player “burnout” by simply reducing the power gap between top and bottom. I think GREE takes the statement “bigger is always better” to an extreme. There will always be players willing to buy an edge so is it really necessary to inflate imbalance to such a degree?
    Last edited by VileDoom; 08-20-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

    Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

  12. #12
    Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In da mornin' DEW
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie_ View Post
    From that I take you've never ran a mobile ad campaign... Please don't make such bold statements on area's you're not fully informed about.
    No, I've never run any ad campaign. However, I've hired people to run several.
    Most we're business related, but two were political campaigns.
    Let's relax, we all have if fervent opinions.
    I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy into anything or elect me to public office.
    I'm simply expressing an opinion about a very curious subject.
    We're just NUTTY about DEWIN NUTIIN, a whole lotta NUTTIN.
    R U lazy enough, crazy enough, and dumb enough to make the cut?
    Free Tappers Lives Matter!
    755561702


  13. #13
    Articulate Author MENTALLY INCOMPETENT's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In da mornin' DEW
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    339
    @VileDoom:

    Funny you mention The Sims, that was one of the games studied.
    The real unknown is what many have observed about this game, as well as the Internet in general.
    People are prone to masquerade, conceal, or outright lie when playing these games.
    You never really know, much like online dating sites, if she's really 5'1"; 120 pounds and a REAL she - or - 5'6"; 290 pounds and a real she - or - 5'5"; 455 pounds and a HE pretending to be a SHE.
    Therefore, we're back to where we started, no one really knows.
    Pall you can vouch for is yourself, and I don't trust me, so why should YOU?


    LMAO

    lmao

    lol

    ROTFLMAO
    We're just NUTTY about DEWIN NUTIIN, a whole lotta NUTTIN.
    R U lazy enough, crazy enough, and dumb enough to make the cut?
    Free Tappers Lives Matter!
    755561702


  14. #14
    Social Media Manager
    Member Since
    May 2014
    Post Count
    1,901
    Actually, the studies I was referring to include much more than just The Sims. If I remember correctly (which there could be a newer one), that particular study is now slightly out of date.

  15. #15
    Verbose Veteran VileDoom's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Out of my mind.
    Post Count
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by MENTALLY INCOMPETENT View Post
    Funny you mention The Sims, that was one of the games studied.
    I figured that as a dead ringer for a predominately female played title. Back when I played Star Wars Galaxies and a few other online titles we used Ventrillo to chat with each other. Unless my guild mates were great at disguising their voices I knew who the men and women were. Lol
    Last edited by VileDoom; 08-20-2014 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexhom View Post
    Gree games have a 2 year life span. First 6 months gets you hooked then they start the squeeze. After 12 months they start flushing it down the toilet. It's much easier to drive all your players out then try and compensate those who have spent heaps when you decide to turn the server off. They just released another new version of the same basic concept.

    Best advice is play the game for what it is. An iPhone ap designed to suck your money from you. How do you win? Stop spending.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •