It's time for change! - Page 3

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 75

Thread: It's time for change!

  1. #31
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    USA
    Post Count
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    What those people need to do is stop trying to claim some kind of special status based on sexual orientation. Most intelligent and rational individuals don't care about such things that have no effect on them personally. However, when people have a very in-your-face attitude about needing to be special because they are "different", it's annoying whatever the reason for it is. Bragging about it to people who could not care less invites harassment on themselves. Too busy flamboyantly shoving it in people's faces to even realize, and then they blame others for becoming tired of it and expressing their opinion.

    Not to mention this game and forum take place on the internet, where someone's gender is largely irrelevent let alone what gender they like to get freaky with.
    Couldn't have been stated better. 99.999% of us do not really know or interact with each other in RL. Its the virtual world, and even if in real life its no ones business what we do behind closed doors. I really don't see the need or reason to push our "preferences" for what we do in private on a public gaming forum anyway. Also, I respect all people alike, regardless of their sexual preferences or personal life style.

  2. #32
    Verbose Veteran legalious's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Main Game
    Knights & Dragons
    Post Count
    824
    I don't see this as 'Push Preferences', but it seems like a group of individuals that don't harass each other. I have encountered groups where they use Gay as a derogatory slang. Hopefully people can stop using gay references as hate speech/derogatory.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    I don't see this as 'Push Preferences', but it seems like a group of individuals that don't harass each other. I have encountered groups where they use Gay as a derogatory slang. Hopefully people can stop using gay references as hate speech/derogatory.
    Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing. People should be less concerned with trying to tell people what they can or cannot say and more concerned with how they react to what has been said. After all, your reaction is within your control and not anyone else's.

    If someone says something in a derrogatory way, taking offence is a complete waste of time. Just realize that the person who is "being offensive" is doing so either out of ignorance, carelessness, or is looking for a specific reaction because they enjoy being a jerk. This applies to anything, not just discrimination based on sexual orientation.

  4. #34
    Master of Musings Max Power's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Post Count
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    What those people need to do is stop trying to claim some kind of special status based on sexual orientation. Most intelligent and rational individuals don't care about such things that have no effect on them personally. However, when people have a very in-your-face attitude about needing to be special because they are "different", it's annoying whatever the reason for it is. Bragging about it to people who could not care less invites harassment on themselves. Too busy flamboyantly shoving it in people's faces to even realize, and then they blame others for becoming tired of it and expressing their opinion.

    Not to mention this game and forum take place on the internet, where someone's gender is largely irrelevent let alone what gender they like to get freaky with.
    Most people are not intelligent or rational.

    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    Just to be clear, is this a syndicate that will be discriminating applicants based on sexual orientation?
    LOL....ironic, no?

    Quote Originally Posted by legalious View Post
    I don't see this as 'Push Preferences', but it seems like a group of individuals that don't harass each other. I have encountered groups where they use Gay as a derogatory slang. Hopefully people can stop using gay references as hate speech/derogatory.
    Not that long ago, gay meant happy. You can't change the meaning of a word and them tell me I can't use it anymore. Well, you can try, anyway....

    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing. People should be less concerned with trying to tell people what they can or cannot say and more concerned with how they react to what has been said. After all, your reaction is within your control and not anyone else's.

    If someone says something in a derrogatory way, taking offence is a complete waste of time. Just realize that the person who is "being offensive" is doing so either out of ignorance, carelessness, or is looking for a specific reaction because they enjoy being a jerk. This applies to anything, not just discrimination based on sexual orientation.
    Lotta truth in this. This stuff is only hurtful if you take it seriously, and a lotta people have started to take it pretty seriously lately. When someone says something racist, I feel sorry for them.

  5. #35
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    400
    You can't say a damn thing these days before being called 'racist' or an '*******' (sorry for the language before banning me lmao). I mean, if I say I don't care about the 'gay-hate' I will probably be called a 'gay-hater' or 'homophob'... these days you can't have an opinion on a subject.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Most people are not intelligent or rational.
    True, but I never said most people are intelligent/rational. I said of the ones who are, even being intelligent and rational doesn't prevent some from caring about or prying into stuff that's none of their business.

  7. #37
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeronimo View Post
    I mean, if I say I don't care about the 'gay-hate' I will probably be called a 'gay-hater' or 'homophob'... these days you can't have an opinion on a subject.
    I suppose there's an argument that could be made at some level that abject indifference to the plight of another person does not mean you "hate" them, but it's an awfully fine line to draw... "I don't care about puppy mills, but I don't hate dogs" Yeah... I'd probably call you a dog hater.
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

  8. #38
    Master of Musings
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Post Count
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing. People should be less concerned with trying to tell people what they can or cannot say and more concerned with how they react to what has been said. After all, your reaction is within your control and not anyone else's.

    If someone says something in a derrogatory way, taking offence is a complete waste of time. Just realize that the person who is "being offensive" is doing so either out of ignorance, carelessness, or is looking for a specific reaction because they enjoy being a jerk. This applies to anything, not just discrimination based on sexual orientation.
    I hope you'll reconsider what you said elsewhere in the light of this post...

    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    People who win at the special olympics have something to brag about too. It doesn't change certain facts though.
    Every time I see this (and sadly it's too often) it makes me feel sick. Why casually dismiss people just because they have a mental disability?
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

  9. #39
    Master of Musings Max Power's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Post Count
    3,450
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    I hope you'll reconsider what you said elsewhere in the light of this post...


    Every time I see this (and sadly it's too often) it makes me feel sick. Why casually dismiss people just because they have a mental disability?
    The Special Olympics is more about physical disabilities, and I agree, I am sick/bored with it.

    1997 called, they want their material back.

  10. #40
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    1997 called, they want their material back.
    Oh no you DI'NT!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

  11. #41
    Banned
    Member Since
    Aug 2014
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    I hope you'll reconsider what you said elsewhere in the light of this post...


    Every time I see this (and sadly it's too often) it makes me feel sick. Why casually dismiss people just because they have a mental disability?
    I haven't casually dismissed you. Sorry if you feel that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    1997 called, they want their material back.

  12. #42
    Prominent Poet Captain Torgue's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I live on the moon
    Post Count
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    True, but I never said most people are intelligent/rational. I said of the ones who are, even being intelligent and rational doesn't prevent some from caring about or prying into stuff that's none of their business.
    Can I count on you to help build this gay syndicate?

  13. #43
    Master of Musings
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Post Count
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    The Special Olympics is more about physical disabilities, and I agree, I am sick/bored with it.
    Now that's something I thought was the case in US terminology, but when I googled it, Special Olympics came up as an organisation helping those with mental disabilities through sport. It's the Paralympics is for (mostly) physical disabilities.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

  14. #44
    Banned
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Post Count
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by sister morphine View Post
    I hope you'll reconsider what you said elsewhere in the light of this post...


    Every time I see this (and sadly it's too often) it makes me feel sick. Why casually dismiss people just because they have a mental disability?
    Because Weasel, on a relative scale, is a worthless person. There are good, kind people in this world. People who make humanity better. Weasel isn't one of them.

  15. #45
    Verbose Veteran Molly's Voice's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Location
    pwning the haters.
    Post Count
    651
    Gay syndicate you say? Been there, done that. 2013 called, it wants the Molly Maguires back.





    Voted 2014 People's choice "Best Recruiter" on Kakao.
    It's never too late to be a Molly,
    Interview Today!!!! 393025085

    Pecs in effect. I know you hatin'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •