Any update regarding the still banned accounts

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Any update regarding the still banned accounts

  1. #1
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Post Count
    540

    Any update regarding the still banned accounts

    Gree what news?

    What is the problem with these accounts ?

    Have you accidentally lost / deleted those accounts?

    Those players would appreciate updates.

  2. #2
    Prominent Poet Nighteg's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Post Count
    1,367
    And you're suppose to be their biggest customers. This is pathetic.

  3. #3
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Post Count
    540
    I didn't buy that gold so I am not banned

  4. #4
    Articulate Author Idiosyncrasy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    348
    "No Spamming: Repeatedly posting the same message or topic in one or multiple forums is considered spamming. Spam posts will be locked, edited, or removed. Intentional off-topic or nonsense posts are likely to be considered spam and will be treated the same. Continued off-topic posts after being asked to return to the thread topic will lead to infractions/bans. This applies to text, images, and videos. This also includes repeat posting of internet memes.

    If there is something you would like to add to a post you’ve just added to the the thread discussion, please use the EDIT button instead of making multiple posts in a row."

    By the way, Merry Christmas!
    Crime City tenure: June 2012 - retired 8/10/14

  5. #5
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Post Count
    540
    Asking for an update is a different topic

  6. #6
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    Only because your other one was already tossed down the memory hole
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

  7. #7
    Prominent Poet TMI's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Post Count
    1,131
    It's because those accounts upgraded their entire hood using gold to speed things up. And did other things like that, making it hard for GREE to make the necessary changes to account for all that gold they used.
    The thousands of crates they opened, etc.

    Most of the other accounts just used the gold for IP, so it didn't take too long to correct theirs. (probably under 4k gold to account for)

    I guess you should let them know that if they're going to attempt to burn through as much of that gold that they could before they thought GREE would catch on, then they should expect GREE to take a while to correct the account.
    Either that or GREE can ban them forever. Alternatively, GREE can honour their bundle sale, but have it cost 2 mil gold to get into their accounts the first time.

    Bottom like is that it's not "their" accounts, it's GREEs accounts. It is GREE's private property. The servers are also their private property and there is no law that says they have to allow anyone on their private property (unless it's a protected class like sexual orientation, or race, etc).

    Maybe tell your buddies to grovel to GREE with apologizes for going against the TOS, and beg to reinstate those particular GREE accounts that GREE had previously allowed them access to.

    Sometimes I wonder if GREE should just be done with this and permanently ban those accounts and stop wasting their time (ie, my gold money) on this.
    I wonder how many hours of their labour have been directed towards this clear violation of the TOS.
    There are many other things they should be using their labour on, like fixing the rivals list for one.

    Lesson learned?

    I guess we'll find out if more threads are made.
    Quote Originally Posted by HavingFun View Post
    Buy more gold

    Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    no need for drama unless it is top 10 drama
    Proud owner of the Civic Center Riot Vehicle (5405/6000 +2 Respect from fights!, from leaderboard event, top25)

  8. #8
    Articulate Author crime cow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Post Count
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    I wonder how many hours of their labour have been directed towards this clear violation of the TOS.
    If this is such a clear violation of the TOS would you please quote the applicable section? The closest I can find is this part of section 7, which seems to favor the player IMO: "You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund."

    My guess is you are going to cite this portion of section 8, but I would say it's clear that this doesn't apply here: "use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user’s experience with the Service."

  9. #9
    Master of Musings
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Location
    England
    Post Count
    3,981
    Quote Originally Posted by crime cow View Post
    If this is such a clear violation of the TOS would you please quote the applicable section? The closest I can find is this part of section 7, which seems to favor the player IMO: "You understand and agree that all sales of Virtual Currency and Virtual Goods are final and non-refundable, unless GREE (or the applicable third party platform provider) decides in its sole discretion to provide a refund."

    My guess is you are going to cite this portion of section 8, but I would say it's clear that this doesn't apply here: "use or distribute cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify any user’s experience with the Service."
    I would guess the "exploit" bit would cover it. Bad luck for those players concerned, but if it's true they took advantage by burning through as much gold as they could before Gree stopped it, that's good evidence they knew exactly what they were doing when they bought into such an obvious mess up.
    "The Tokyo Rose of the Trailer Park"

  10. #10
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Post Count
    540
    I know players who bought gold, spent as much as they could in every event building upgrades etc yet have there accounts back.
    Whereas others who only spent a little are still locked out


    Quote Originally Posted by TMI View Post
    It's because those accounts upgraded their entire hood using gold to speed things up. And did other things like that, making it hard for GREE to make the necessary changes to account for all that gold they used.
    The thousands of crates they opened, etc.

    Most of the other accounts just used the gold for IP, so it didn't take too long to correct theirs. (probably under 4k gold to account for)

    I guess you should let them know that if they're going to attempt to burn through as much of that gold that they could before they thought GREE would catch on, then they should expect GREE to take a while to correct the account.
    Either that or GREE can ban them forever. Alternatively, GREE can honour their bundle sale, but have it cost 2 mil gold to get into their accounts the first time.

    Bottom like is that it's not "their" accounts, it's GREEs accounts. It is GREE's private property. The servers are also their private property and there is no law that says they have to allow anyone on their private property (unless it's a protected class like sexual orientation, or race, etc).

    Maybe tell your buddies to grovel to GREE with apologizes for going against the TOS, and beg to reinstate those particular GREE accounts that GREE had previously allowed them access to.

    Sometimes I wonder if GREE should just be done with this and permanently ban those accounts and stop wasting their time (ie, my gold money) on this.
    I wonder how many hours of their labour have been directed towards this clear violation of the TOS.
    There are many other things they should be using their labour on, like fixing the rivals list for one.

    Lesson learned?

    I guess we'll find out if more threads are made.

  11. #11
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Post Count
    540
    But putting all that to one side, how hard is it for Gree to post an update?

  12. #12
    Prominent Poet Captain Torgue's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2013
    Location
    I live on the moon
    Post Count
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Keapa View Post
    But putting all that to one side, how hard is it for Gree to post an update?
    They cheated, they are banned.

    What is there to update?

  13. #13
    Prominent Poet Winnson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Post Count
    1,635
    Merry Christmas all.

  14. #14
    Moderator Rodimus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2012
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Keapa View Post
    But putting all that to one side, how hard is it for Gree to post an update?
    Ostomachion has posted update regarding issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Ostomachion View Post
    Update 2:

    The issue that affected the Wasted Waterfront Bundle has now been resolved.

    We have lifted the temporary lock on all affected accounts. These accounts have been restored to the state immediately before purchases of this bundle were made, and the correct items and gold from this bundle have been credited. We will continue to monitor the leaderboard standings and will make appropriate adjustments after the end of the event.

    We sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation!

  15. #15
    Supreme Scholar Dipstik's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Post Count
    8,515
    See tam? The problem is resolved!
    Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    Dippy, may be a little harsh in this thread, but he's right...
    Still mad at Bostick.

    I'll be back when the moderation is reasonable. Enjoy the forum you created, Gree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •