What's up with the events...

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: What's up with the events...

  1. #1
    Verbose Veteran HellRaizer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England / Essex
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    960

    What's up with the events...

    H&V
    Hardcore Boss
    24 LTQ with speed
    LTQ with speed
    Crate Event

    This isn't gonna help with lag.

    Would be nice to see a Deca mod reply

  2. #2
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    488
    I'm ready to bet they'll say they are under another ddos attack.

    When in fact it's just our clients trying to sync all these events.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    29
    game is virtually unplayable at the moment,..got the spinning blue circle of death. The lag now is so bad its taking almost 15 mins to kill 1 H/C boss.

  4. #4
    Prominent Poet DEWIN NUTTIN's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In da NUT hole
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    2,381
    Many things in this world change by the hour.

    You can count on GREEDECA to be a steadying force during these times of nuclear threats, horrocanes, poverty, hunger, job losses, and upheaval.

    Thank you, GREEDECA, you keep us sane.
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

    The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

    Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

    In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

  5. #5
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Post Count
    291
    Strange that player base decreases but lags increase. My guess is they turned down on server power massively to save costs. I bet lags can be easily fixed if game moved to more powerful servers. But that costs money.

  6. #6
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    147
    As a player I am not happy.
    They know LTQ make lag and they do not warn us about it.

    We are free testers and it looks like some can play and others can not.
    They who can play, they score big and they who can not getting more and more behind.
    Compensation fore not be able to play, what is that?

  7. #7
    Prominent Poet DEWIN NUTTIN's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    In da NUT hole
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    2,381
    Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    As a player I am not happy.They know LTQ make lag and they do not warn us about it.We are free testers and it looks like some can play and others can not.They who can play, they score big and they who can not getting more and more behind.Compensation fore not be able to play, what is that?






    Think about WWE.



    Everyone knows WWE is just pretend.


    This is pretend, accept that fact, the true value is known, everyone has real important stuff to tend to: family, job, health, money, house, car, education, etc...



    The less you care about something, the more unimportant it becomes to you....
    It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

    The SPENDING LAMP is ALWAYS lit in ALL GREE GAMES.
    SPEND it, if you got any left.

    Jesse “The Body” Ventura said, “Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat!”

    In the words of Bobby Heenan: "The money's the same, whether you earn it or scam it.
    "

  8. #8
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by DEWIN NUTTIN View Post
    I love it
    Do not understand what WWE mean.

  9. #9
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Post Count
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    Strange that player base decreases but lags increase. My guess is they turned down on server power massively to save costs. I bet lags can be easily fixed if game moved to more powerful servers. But that costs money.
    Powerful servers cannot compensate bad programming.
    I have enough experience as programmer for this statement.

  10. #10
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Post Count
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by solper View Post
    As a player I am not happy.
    They know LTQ make lag and they do not warn us about it.
    Every event makes a lag: H&V is very slow; HB is very slow - both are slow themselves without relation to LTQ lag.

    Another example is FL on end of event and in FF time.

    Etc., etc.


    Multiple events multiply slowness and lags.

  11. #11
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Oct 2016
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    147
    Annikilator2
    I have enough experience as developer for this statement.
    LTQ make lag.


  12. #12
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    USA
    Post Count
    371
    I see some people still posting on this forum

  13. #13
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Post Count
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator2 View Post
    Powerful servers cannot compensate bad programming.
    I have enough experience as programmer for this statement.
    Sure they can. Put inefficient code on a super computer and it will quickly. If you write efficient code/queries, it will reduce the need for powerful servers. MW is one big database of a game, and there is obviously too much data and requests going into servers per user.

    Also if code didn't change much but the player base decreased, what else do you blame for lag?

  14. #14
    Verbose Veteran HellRaizer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England / Essex
    Main Game
    Modern War
    Post Count
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuombajj View Post
    Sure they can. Put inefficient code on a super computer and it will quickly. If you write efficient code/queries, it will reduce the need for powerful servers. MW is one big database of a game, and there is obviously too much data and requests going into servers per user.

    Also if code didn't change much but the player base decreased, what else do you blame for lag?
    Throwing up more servers may help with the service layer.. However, no amount of servers will speed up database contention if it's down to coding..

    I work on high volume (petabyte) databases in the finance area, and if you have bad code, you're F'd

  15. #15
    Master of Musings
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pirates cove
    Post Count
    3,540
    So then the only real question that remains to be asked. What’s the best lubricant for that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •