General Tips for n00 (read first post) - Page 14

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 304

Thread: General Tips for n00 (read first post)

  1. #196
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Post Count
    137
    Whats the minimum level for the boss events. Level 5 ???

  2. #197
    Steady Scribe Mr Sunshine's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Post Count
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by heal View Post
    Whats the minimum level for the boss events. Level 5 ???
    I assume you mean, What is the minimum, (lowest), level at which a player can be to still participate in the boss event? I would like to know as well.

  3. #198
    Prominent Poet JohnnyR's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander X View Post
    How can I reduce time it takes to recharge my e for pve missions?
    Either:
    a) Switch nations to Iran. Iran gives a 10% faster energy regeneration time. This is the easiest option. It'll cost 50 gold to switch.

    b) Keep your eyes on the events. Sometimes a unit with an energy regeneration boost is a prize for completing a certain requirement. These are rarer and harder to get.
    ***
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

    PM for ally add.

  4. #199
    Lurker
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    14

    posting

    how many times do I need to.reply to be able to post

  5. #200
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    Post Count
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
    I assume you mean, What is the minimum, (lowest), level at which a player can be to still participate in the boss event? I would like to know as well.
    Me three. I heard it was level 5 but not too sure. I'm not really wanting to level up until my munitions and command centre are at L10.

  6. #201
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hawaii
    Post Count
    11

    Update 1st Page??

    Is there any way the first page could get updated? Number of posts before new thread is able to be created, new vault size... Little things like that? Maybe even a date as to when the info was last updated?!

  7. #202
    Prominent Poet JohnnyR's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Moscows Premier View Post
    Is there any way the first page could get updated? Number of posts before new thread is able to be created, new vault size... Little things like that? Maybe even a date as to when the info was last updated?!
    Hey Moscow, I'm working on this at the moment. I'm collecting a bit of info, and will add shortly. Thanks for your interest.
    ***
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

    PM for ally add.

  8. #203
    Prominent Poet JohnnyR's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Raiding...raiding...raiding...hopefully not any of you guy's bases....
    Post Count
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKEsog1 View Post
    The only wrong info I found was the adding of allies to bring *5* units to battle. Not so. Not too far off, its only *4* units. You come into battle with yourself (4 units), then any allies you have, multiply that by 4, as long as YOU have the units to support it. eg. 16 allies x 4 units per ally = 64 of YOUR strongest units that go to battle. Hope this helps a bit.

    DUKE ID#: 613-930-034
    Thanks, but I did not state allies bring 5 units.

    As stated:

    Each level allows you 5 additional allies.
    Each ally allows the use of 4 additional units.

    An example:

    If you are level 5, you can have 25 allies, which will bring 100 total units.
    If you are level 5, you can have more than 25 allies, but the additional allies do nothing.
    ***
    JohnStriderOfDoom | Russia | 610 686 221 | Major | lvl 139 | 500 allies [Updated 07/13/13]
    Are you an FNG? Don't know what an FNG is? Find out today!
    Click >HERE< for the FNG Guide.
    Click >HERE< for Enjoy Life's Spreadsheet

    PM for ally add.

  9. #204
    Has anyone been doing tapjoy's free gold thing lately? I have been trying but all my attempts say the free gold giving apps are no longer available. I guess we dont have much choice but to spend real cash or none at all.

  10. #205
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Post Count
    10
    Thanks for the info, appreciate it !

  11. #206
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Post Count
    19

    Is there an updated, more complete spreadsheet available?

    His,

    Just curious if there is a more enhanced version available, which also contains the LE Buildings.
    Regards Gunhawk

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    The FNG Guide!

    Updated 3/23/12

    Free gold at tapjoy.com! Thread with all details:

    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-War-at-Tapjoy

    ************************

    This is a tip sheet for anyone new or old to Modern War that covers many of the basics that are all over the threads here on the forum. If you've got a tip, fact, spreadsheet, or anything to share, please PM me (click my username) or post here in the thread. This first post will be updated constantly, so don't worry about having to scroll through all of the pages of this thread-everything starts......here:

    *************************

    Beginner: Things everyone has to know before making a post or thread


    -Gold can now be collected through tapjoy.com. Currently downloading and openning apps at tapjoy or real money purchases are the only way to get gold. Right now there is a potential of collecting about 420 gold in free apps and trial programs (Netflix and Discover card).

    The numbers:
    -Allies, for each level you get to add 5 USABLE allies to your alliance. You can add more than you can use, but they will not be adding any benefit except for being POTENTIALLY beneficial in that they can be used later as you level up. Think of it this way-each level UNLOCKS 5 allies, no matter how many you have added, you are limited to five times your level. Each usable ally allows you to bring 4 units to battle. There is a max 2000 usable unit limit, achieved at level 100, however there is no limit to the amount of units one can buy or win. Only the TOP usable units will be brought to battle, based on level number and ally number.

    -Allies do NOT "bring" their units for you to use in attacks. They simply allow you to use more of YOUR own units.

    -Attack and defense stats. The units you purchase and their attack/defense values are what determine your attack and defense statistics. If you are level 5 you are allowed 25 usable allies and you can have 100 units maximum to attack with. The TOP 100 attacking units are what you will take to battle. For your defense score, the game counts the top 100 defensive units. Say you have 100 fighter jets (attack/defense 3/1) and 100 patrol boats (attack/defense 2/2)-you will have an attack score of 300 and a defense score of 200.

    -Skill points acquired through leveling up do NOT contribute to any observable stat. However, it is believed that they impart benefit and are the "X-factor" in determining battles won or lost, but cannot be measured (yet).


    ****************************


    Definitions and Acronyms

    A/D: (attack/defense) refers to the attack and defense score listed in your profile. NOT the skill point values unless noted.

    PVP: refers to raiding or attacking of another player, (player versus player). Usually to gain experience, valor, money, or to accomplish a mission goal.

    PVE: (Player versus Environment) Any action or progress made in a mission goal featured in any of the maps. Actions are map exclusive and not directed toward any player.

    LLP: (Low Level Player) Usually refers to a player's secondary account on a different device. Many times a "camper" account dedicated to building economy while benefiting from lessons learned from the mistakes made on the primary account.

    FNG: (Effing New Guy)-self explanitory!

    Camping: The act of deliberately slowing down the process of leveling up. Usually in order to build strong economy (income) and vault. Also used in order to avoid strong oppnents who raid and attack often. Camping is carried out by maintaining a low ally count, avoiding PVP, and avoiding actions that lead to gains in experience and generally focusing on economy building.

    Farming: The act of repeatedly attacking a target in order to gain a specific unit, amount of cash, or other thing. Common units farmed are Desert Leader, Amphibious Trooper, and Mini-sub.

    Attack: When a player attacks a rival directly for his cash.

    Raid: When a player attacks a rival's BUILDING for the BUILDING's cash. Cash from buildings cannot be protected by vault.

    ******************

    Frequently Asked Questions:

    Q: Why does my rival at level 10 have a building even though it has a higher level requirement?
    A: Funzio did not always place level requirements on buildings. Previously, players could build all or almost all buildings from level 1. It is believed that they put level requirements in order to prevent turtling or camping at low levels.

    Q: Why do I keep losing money even though I put it all in the vault?
    A: There are two ways a rival can take money from you, the "attack" and the "raid." These are two very different things, please do not interchange them. Attacking takes money directly from you, whatever cash on hand you have. This is the money the vault protects. Raiding on the other hand takes money from your money producing buildings. This money cannot be protected but by collecting your money in timely fashion.

    Q: How do I get a guy to stop attacking me (any and all reasons)?
    A: Assuming you cannot just buy units to make yourself stronger, there are a few ways out of this.
    1) Level up, or let him level up-if you've not attacked him and he seems to be picking on you, try to level up-or stop your leveling up progress. Once you are a few levels away from him, you won't show up on his rival's list.
    2) Attempt to ally him, allies cannot attack another ally. Find HIS ally number, either on his wall, or perhaps other rivals walls he has posted on. It is unlikely that he'll add a person that he likes attacking, so you must take initiative.
    3) Friendly banter. If you've ever attacked him, you are on his newsfeed, and basically given him a key to directly visit your base whenever he feels like. These messages on his board through your friendly banter will eventually push your attack further down the his newsfeed until disappearing. Do not spam.

    Q: Why do I lose to a weaker or evenly matched rival?
    A: There are many reasons.
    -Number one reason is that boost buildings and perhaps nation bonus are not included in stats that you see when visiting his profile. Boost buildings add a potential 20% to attack, and nation bonuses add 10%. Conceivably the stats you see can be 30% less than what he actually has.
    -Reason number 2, his skill points are higher than your attack points. Skill points influence the chances of battle outcomes, the higher your attack, the more chance you will win, the higher your opponent's defense, the higher chance he'll repel your attack.

    Q: Why am I being attacked by a person 5, 10, 20 or more levels above me?
    A: It is possible that you attacked his base and that you are on his newsfeed. If you are on his newsfeed, you could be 100 or even more levels away and he can still find and attack you. This is one of the reasons to pick your battles wisely, don't be attacking anyone you'll regret coming back to get you.


    ************************************************** **

    Oddities and things to consider:

    -At this present moment boost bonuses to attack and defense scores are NOT included in viewing your opponent's a/d score in their profile. The boost bonus IS visible when viewing your own profile.

    -DO NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN 1000 ALLIES. You will lose them all if you do this!!! This is all over the forums right now, but if the devs don't feel it necessary to change this, here is your warning!

    ************************************************** ***

    Fast Facts:

    -Vault limit is 10,000,000.
    -Useful Ally limit is 500 (any over does nothing).
    -Useful unit limit is 2000.
    -Selling GOLD buildings gives you NOTHING BACK.
    -Selling regular buildings gives you half in game money back.


    ************************************************** ***

    Nation Bonuses:

    UK: 10% toward Sea Power (unit's attack and defense point values on sea units is increased by 10%)
    -UK has the highest possible defensive stats when nation bonus is factored in.

    Russia: 10% toward Air Power (unit's attack and defense point values on air units is increased by 10%)
    -Russia has highest possible attack stats when nation bonus is factored in.

    Germany: 10% toward Ground Power (unit's attack and defense point values on ground units is increased by 10%)
    -Germany will not have highest stats in either attack or defense category, but the highest valor unit in ground has the best defense stats of all the valor units.

    China: 10% toward Infantry Power (unit's attack and defense point values on Infantry units is increased by 10%)
    -China also will not have any particularly powerful stats in Attack or Defense categories when buying Infantry units, however, the GIGN unit is the cheapest of the "high value" valor units.

    USA: 10% faster stamina recovery.
    -Stamina points are used in attacking others, this allows for more PVP action.

    Iran: 10% faster energy recovery.
    -Faster energy recovery allows one to complete mission goals (PVE) faster.

    ************************************************** ***

    Useful Links:

    Tramp Stamp's Opening and Economy Guide-
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...n-economy-base

    Building Update Cost and Output Spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=4

  12. #207
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Jul 2013
    Post Count
    9

    In Game Messaging

    Can anyone give me the name of a in game messaging app that can be used for faction members to talk together during battles
    Last edited by SWEP; 08-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.

  13. #208
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Post Count
    19

    Selling Buildings & Money back calculation

    Guys,

    the only thing I want to know is the exact calculation of the money I would get when selling a building.By looking throughout the threads the following seem to be common sense - correct?

    1) Gold Buildings: Selling Gold Buildings would give you nothing in return, the entire investment is lost

    2) Normal Building: Selling non-upgraded (Level 1) non-Gold Buildings would give you half of the non-discounted price back. This means that users with Cement Factory Level 10 would even get 60% of
    their investment back as they paid 10% less, but still get 50% the non-discounted price back

    3) Upgraded normal Building: Selling an upgraded (Level 2..10) non-Gold Building would give you what?
    a) The non-discounted base price of the level 1 building like 2, so selling a Level 10 building results
    in the same return than selling a non-upgraded one)
    b) 50% of the non-discounted cost of the last upgrade only, so you would even get back less in
    cases where the upgrade price is less than the first time build price (if this could be possible)
    c) 50% of the entire non-discounted investment made to date e.g. 50% of the base price for
    building it first time and 50% of the accumulated costs spent throughout all the updates subsequ
    ently made

    Hope anyone can really confirm how this thing works out. I used to build the current LE buildings several times, selling them to be able to invest the money in upgrading previous LE buildings to higher levels

    Regards Gunhawk

  14. #209
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Post Count
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Thanks, but I did not state allies bring 5 units.

    As stated:

    Each level allows you 5 additional allies.
    Each ally allows the use of 4 additional units.

    An example:

    If you are level 5, you can have 25 allies, which will bring 100 total units.
    If you are level 5, you can have more than 25 allies, but the additional allies do nothing.
    The units used should be of different types or can be of the same kind?

  15. #210
    Lurker
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Post Count
    9

    lost game progress please help me

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    The FNG Guide!

    Updated 3/23/12

    Free gold at tapjoy.com! Thread with all details:

    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...-War-at-Tapjoy

    ************************

    This is a tip sheet for anyone new or old to Modern War that covers many of the basics that are all over the threads here on the forum. If you've got a tip, fact, spreadsheet, or anything to share, please PM me (click my username) or post here in the thread. This first post will be updated constantly, so don't worry about having to scroll through all of the pages of this thread-everything starts......here:

    *************************

    Beginner: Things everyone has to know before making a post or thread


    -Gold can now be collected through tapjoy.com. Currently downloading and openning apps at tapjoy or real money purchases are the only way to get gold. Right now there is a potential of collecting about 420 gold in free apps and trial programs (Netflix and Discover card).

    The numbers:
    -Allies, for each level you get to add 5 USABLE allies to your alliance. You can add more than you can use, but they will not be adding any benefit except for being POTENTIALLY beneficial in that they can be used later as you level up. Think of it this way-each level UNLOCKS 5 allies, no matter how many you have added, you are limited to five times your level. Each usable ally allows you to bring 4 units to battle. There is a max 2000 usable unit limit, achieved at level 100, however there is no limit to the amount of units one can buy or win. Only the TOP usable units will be brought to battle, based on level number and ally number.

    -Allies do NOT "bring" their units for you to use in attacks. They simply allow you to use more of YOUR own units.

    -Attack and defense stats. The units you purchase and their attack/defense values are what determine your attack and defense statistics. If you are level 5 you are allowed 25 usable allies and you can have 100 units maximum to attack with. The TOP 100 attacking units are what you will take to battle. For your defense score, the game counts the top 100 defensive units. Say you have 100 fighter jets (attack/defense 3/1) and 100 patrol boats (attack/defense 2/2)-you will have an attack score of 300 and a defense score of 200.

    -Skill points acquired through leveling up do NOT contribute to any observable stat. However, it is believed that they impart benefit and are the "X-factor" in determining battles won or lost, but cannot be measured (yet).


    ****************************


    Definitions and Acronyms

    A/D: (attack/defense) refers to the attack and defense score listed in your profile. NOT the skill point values unless noted.

    PVP: refers to raiding or attacking of another player, (player versus player). Usually to gain experience, valor, money, or to accomplish a mission goal.

    PVE: (Player versus Environment) Any action or progress made in a mission goal featured in any of the maps. Actions are map exclusive and not directed toward any player.

    LLP: (Low Level Player) Usually refers to a player's secondary account on a different device. Many times a "camper" account dedicated to building economy while benefiting from lessons learned from the mistakes made on the primary account.

    FNG: (Effing New Guy)-self explanitory!

    Camping: The act of deliberately slowing down the process of leveling up. Usually in order to build strong economy (income) and vault. Also used in order to avoid strong oppnents who raid and attack often. Camping is carried out by maintaining a low ally count, avoiding PVP, and avoiding actions that lead to gains in experience and generally focusing on economy building.

    Farming: The act of repeatedly attacking a target in order to gain a specific unit, amount of cash, or other thing. Common units farmed are Desert Leader, Amphibious Trooper, and Mini-sub.

    Attack: When a player attacks a rival directly for his cash.

    Raid: When a player attacks a rival's BUILDING for the BUILDING's cash. Cash from buildings cannot be protected by vault.

    ******************

    Frequently Asked Questions:

    Q: Why does my rival at level 10 have a building even though it has a higher level requirement?
    A: Funzio did not always place level requirements on buildings. Previously, players could build all or almost all buildings from level 1. It is believed that they put level requirements in order to prevent turtling or camping at low levels.

    Q: Why do I keep losing money even though I put it all in the vault?
    A: There are two ways a rival can take money from you, the "attack" and the "raid." These are two very different things, please do not interchange them. Attacking takes money directly from you, whatever cash on hand you have. This is the money the vault protects. Raiding on the other hand takes money from your money producing buildings. This money cannot be protected but by collecting your money in timely fashion.

    Q: How do I get a guy to stop attacking me (any and all reasons)?
    A: Assuming you cannot just buy units to make yourself stronger, there are a few ways out of this.
    1) Level up, or let him level up-if you've not attacked him and he seems to be picking on you, try to level up-or stop your leveling up progress. Once you are a few levels away from him, you won't show up on his rival's list.
    2) Attempt to ally him, allies cannot attack another ally. Find HIS ally number, either on his wall, or perhaps other rivals walls he has posted on. It is unlikely that he'll add a person that he likes attacking, so you must take initiative.
    3) Friendly banter. If you've ever attacked him, you are on his newsfeed, and basically given him a key to directly visit your base whenever he feels like. These messages on his board through your friendly banter will eventually push your attack further down the his newsfeed until disappearing. Do not spam.

    Q: Why do I lose to a weaker or evenly matched rival?
    A: There are many reasons.
    -Number one reason is that boost buildings and perhaps nation bonus are not included in stats that you see when visiting his profile. Boost buildings add a potential 20% to attack, and nation bonuses add 10%. Conceivably the stats you see can be 30% less than what he actually has.
    -Reason number 2, his skill points are higher than your attack points. Skill points influence the chances of battle outcomes, the higher your attack, the more chance you will win, the higher your opponent's defense, the higher chance he'll repel your attack.

    Q: Why am I being attacked by a person 5, 10, 20 or more levels above me?
    A: It is possible that you attacked his base and that you are on his newsfeed. If you are on his newsfeed, you could be 100 or even more levels away and he can still find and attack you. This is one of the reasons to pick your battles wisely, don't be attacking anyone you'll regret coming back to get you.


    ************************************************** **

    Oddities and things to consider:

    -At this present moment boost bonuses to attack and defense scores are NOT included in viewing your opponent's a/d score in their profile. The boost bonus IS visible when viewing your own profile.

    -DO NOT ACCEPT MORE THAN 1000 ALLIES. You will lose them all if you do this!!! This is all over the forums right now, but if the devs don't feel it necessary to change this, here is your warning!

    ************************************************** ***

    Fast Facts:

    -Vault limit is 10,000,000.
    -Useful Ally limit is 500 (any over does nothing).
    -Useful unit limit is 2000.
    -Selling GOLD buildings gives you NOTHING BACK.
    -Selling regular buildings gives you half in game money back.


    ************************************************** ***

    Nation Bonuses:

    UK: 10% toward Sea Power (unit's attack and defense point values on sea units is increased by 10%)
    -UK has the highest possible defensive stats when nation bonus is factored in.

    Russia: 10% toward Air Power (unit's attack and defense point values on air units is increased by 10%)
    -Russia has highest possible attack stats when nation bonus is factored in.

    Germany: 10% toward Ground Power (unit's attack and defense point values on ground units is increased by 10%)
    -Germany will not have highest stats in either attack or defense category, but the highest valor unit in ground has the best defense stats of all the valor units.

    China: 10% toward Infantry Power (unit's attack and defense point values on Infantry units is increased by 10%)
    -China also will not have any particularly powerful stats in Attack or Defense categories when buying Infantry units, however, the GIGN unit is the cheapest of the "high value" valor units.

    USA: 10% faster stamina recovery.
    -Stamina points are used in attacking others, this allows for more PVP action.

    Iran: 10% faster energy recovery.
    -Faster energy recovery allows one to complete mission goals (PVE) faster.

    ************************************************** ***

    Useful Links:

    Tramp Stamp's Opening and Economy Guide-
    http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthre...n-economy-base

    Building Update Cost and Output Spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=4
    I lost my game progress and I dnt know how to get it bk...I transferred to diff device ok but cant get bk on bk my old device after getting new #...I contacted support it wasnt helpful and im dieng to get bk to my game where I left off

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •