A response to your concerns regarding cheaters and taking a step forward together

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 210

Thread: A response to your concerns regarding cheaters and taking a step forward together

  1. #1
    Administrator Sirius's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Your Mobile Device
    Post Count
    985

    A response to your concerns regarding cheaters and taking a step forward together

    Greetings Everyone,

    I'd like to start out by saying that we here at GREE have been taking a more proactive approach into listening to what you are all saying here on the forums (and the feedback that gets sent in to support) in regards to game play changes, technical issues, events and even more importantly, what you have been expressing regarding those that have chosen to violate the fair game play environment that everyone deserves. I will try my best to help address some of your concerns and feedback on this.

    Some Concerns that have been noted


    How are Guilds maxed out with 60 members?!

    I know this one alone has been a very hot topic for everyone here for sure. Well to be honest, there are quite frankly many legit guilds that have invested greatly to reach this level. Now I'm not saying there isn't one floating out there that did indeed cheat to obtain this advantage. In regards to these, we rely on our cheat tools/systems to help detect these as it occurs. But that is not all we do, we go into guild listing an investigate guilds by hand and not only that, we take action on our your reports.

    You might have seen recently that more often than not when you do report a player/guild for cheating, you get a response letting you know 1) The player has been banned and will no longer have access to the game, or 2) We appreciate the report but we are going to have to spend some more time investigating it. This is to make sure we don't just ban someone just because they have been reported.

    Maxed Guild Bonuses

    Like I've previously stated above, a fair amount of guilds have done this Legitimately and then there are those that have not. We are taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again be it from better tools to detect/prevent, to rolling back guilds that have taken advantage of this an also removing the members that made this possible. Please note that many are unaware of someone in their guild dumping in gold and when they see their members banned/removed, they do get surprised and most times in a negative way. We don't want to punish those that were innocent and just going about playing the game they enjoy. So we are being very careful in the way we handle this matter and how visible the effects are.

    This does not mean don't report them to us just note that it is a very sensitive matter and we do not want to have everyone get upset when they do see actions taken.


    Hackers be it energy, honor and everything else

    This has been a thorn in the side of many and even more so to you all who have been playing events, building up your kingdoms or conquering with your guild mates.

    We listen to reports, comment on the forums and emails sent to us. We have greatly improved how these guys are found, closed out the loop holes used to abuse the system and made sure to combat any type of 3rd party software that someone could use to cheat the system. This also means that folks are going to try even harder to get around the prevention methods/systems we have put in place. Let's face it, there are always going to be those that have no other purpose but to try their best to cheat and ruin the experience for others.

    I would like to note that we are working on a few changes in regards to how you (our valued players) report any and all cheat reports to us.

    1)Dedicated selection in our support system for specifically reporting players. Now this means our team will get straight to your report with out you having to send in a regular request.

    2)Forum Admin dedicated here for players to contact to help report those breaking the rules by cheating. Please note this would only be for cheat reports but also does not mean you only report them there. You still need to send in a request.

    3) More transparency on the actions we have taken on the user. This means we will let you know when we handle the report if we did indeed ban and remove the player or we need some more time to investigate.

    I know this isn't everything that everyone wants answered at the moment, but in moving forward with better communicating with you and listening to what you have to say, we believe it is a step in the right direction.

  2. #2
    Prominent Poet Euchred's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Meticulously Collecting
    Main Game
    Kingdom Age
    Post Count
    1,740
    Edit: I'll redact that, it doesn't really matter
    Last edited by Euchred; 06-21-2013 at 06:24 PM.

  3. #3
    Master of Musings Gambit12's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Location
    FL
    Post Count
    2,711
    I just found someone in MW today but i wanna pm it to you Sirius. I can see that you don't have a pm option. Is there any chance i can pm this info to you?
    KA - Officially Retired
    Former FUN member for 9 wars & 12th times in a row Conquest of Kings World Champions..!!!

  4. #4
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    May 2012
    Post Count
    61
    Stopped reading when you said multiple times that there are legitimate guilds that have maxed out all bonuses. Not even worth arguing anymore.

    Your biggest spenders, by far, are in two guilds that are each 58 members. Why is it not obvious to you, when it is obvious to all of us that don't have access to purchase records, that these 60 member guilds did not legitimately accumulate billions of gold more than FUN/RK?
    Last edited by Mr Painite; 06-21-2013 at 06:40 PM.

  5. #5
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Post Count
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Painite View Post
    Stopped reading when you said multiple times that there are legitimate guilds that have maxed out all bonuses. Not even worth arguing anymore.

    Your biggest spenders, by far, are in two guilds that are each 58 members. Why is it not obvious to you, when it is obvious to all of us that don't have access to purchase records, that these 60 member guilds did not legitimately accumulate billions of gold more than FUN/RK?
    I agree, there is no way some of the 60 player guilds could have drop that amount of gold.
    Jesus - 614-298-890 (KA)
    Lvl 176- 591.3k A - 596.6k D - 21.9k IPH - 500 Allies

    Looking for guilds? Please join us.
    756-470-120

    Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +10% casualty decrease
    +24 guild member

  6. #6
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    995
    Action # 3 is by far the biggest step. Nice to see Gree putting effort forth to be more transparent. Of course, Gree's recent bugs have arguably caused more inequality in the game than any hacker could, but I guess there are now plenty other threads devoted to that.
    Last edited by E-I; 06-21-2013 at 07:47 PM.

  7. #7
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Post Count
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Painite View Post
    Stopped reading when you said multiple times that there are legitimate guilds that have maxed out all bonuses. Not even worth arguing anymore.

    Your biggest spenders, by far, are in two guilds that are each 58 members. Why is it not obvious to you, when it is obvious to all of us that don't have access to purchase records, that these 60 member guilds did not legitimately accumulate billions of gold more than FUN/RK?
    +2. An utter joke to say there are legitimate 60 member guilds, never mind ones with max bonuses. If you truly believe this, Sirius, you are more a part of the problem than the solution.

    Frankly, this smacks of a stall tactic. Once FUN, RK and a few others hit 60 members, the water will be muddied and you can fully ignore the problem.

  8. #8
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    995
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Painite View Post
    Why is it not obvious to you, when it is obvious to all of us that don't have access to purchase records, that these 60 member guilds did not legitimately accumulate billions of gold more than FUN/RK?
    Maybe it is obvious, but Gree also benefits from gold hackers. Hacker guilds means level 10 walls, which means more gems that other guilds have to use in conquests.

  9. #9
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Post Count
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by E-I View Post
    Maybe it is obvious, but Gree also benefits from gold hackers. Hacker guilds means level 10 walls, which means more gems that other guilds have to use in conquests.
    True! Hacked gold vs real gems. Btw how difficult was to setup a SIEM and have correlating events? This could of easily been avoided...
    Jesus - 614-298-890 (KA)
    Lvl 176- 591.3k A - 596.6k D - 21.9k IPH - 500 Allies

    Looking for guilds? Please join us.
    756-470-120

    Current guild bonuses:
    +23% upgrade speed
    +23% upgrade cost reduction
    +10% casualty decrease
    +24 guild member

  10. #10
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Post Count
    148
    What about the people we have reported in the past, do we get an update now?

  11. #11
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    233
    Gree,

    Thanks and I see this as a positive first step. On transparency, my suggestion remains, broadcast specific actions you have taken against specific players / guilds. This adds credibility to your claim that action is being taken. Having met your internal due diligence requirement, you must be certain that the punitive action taken is defensible and have no issue for such a broadcast. Do make it a regular broadcast be it monthly or other frequency.


    PS: Assuming FUN is yet a 60 member guild, your statement that I understand as lending credence to the legitimacy of existing 60 bonus full guild, is not impossible, but highly improbable. To me, it is down for credibility ....

  12. #12
    Articulate Author Kjctnorris's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Post Count
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by willb125 View Post
    +2. An utter joke to say there are legitimate 60 member guilds, never mind ones with max bonuses. If you truly believe this, Sirius, you are more a part of the problem than the solution.

    Frankly, this smacks of a stall tactic. Once FUN, RK and a few others hit 60 members, the water will be muddied and you can fully ignore the problem.
    +3, but not worth even trying to beat that drum anymore when people keep sticking their head in the sand.

    KA ally code - 583-237-638

    MW ally code - 861-947-758
    PvP 1 - #80, PvP 2 - #45, BfB - #33, PvP 3 - #25, BfG - #23, RfE - #27
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Leader *Retired*

  13. #13
    Banned
    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Post Count
    693
    REALLY? Are your investigators that blind We've been observing guilds since they started and have watched some that still exist now go from 24 members to 60 in less than a week. FUN still does not have 60 members and we raid the pants off peeps in KA. The funny thing is...well its not really funny... we know these guilds used hacked gold because they told us so. So, I'll leave that with you to figure out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post

    Some Concerns that have been noted


    How are Guilds maxed out with 60 members?!

    I know this one alone has been a very hot topic for everyone here for sure. Well to be honest, there are quite frankly many legit guilds that have invested greatly to reach this level. Now I'm not saying there isn't one floating out there that did indeed cheat to obtain this advantage. In regards to these, we rely on our cheat tools/systems to help detect these as it occurs. But that is not all we do, we go into guild listing an investigate guilds by hand and not only that, we take action on our your reports.

    You might have seen recently that more often than not when you do report a player/guild for cheating, you get a response letting you know 1) The player has been banned and will no longer have access to the game, or 2) We appreciate the report but we are going to have to spend some more time investigating it. This is to make sure we don't just ban someone just because they have been reported.

    Maxed Guild Bonuses

    Like I've previously stated above, a fair amount of guilds have done this Legitimately and then there are those that have not. We are taking steps to ensure that this does not happen again be it from better tools to detect/prevent, to rolling back guilds that have taken advantage of this an also removing the members that made this possible. Please note that many are unaware of someone in their guild dumping in gold and when they see their members banned/removed, they do get surprised and most times in a negative way. We don't want to punish those that were innocent and just going about playing the game they enjoy. So we are being very careful in the way we handle this matter and how visible the effects are.

    This does not mean don't report them to us just note that it is a very sensitive matter and we do not want to have everyone get upset when they do see actions taken.

  14. #14
    Steady Scribe
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Post Count
    90

    Sirius

    It's relief that you are at least responding about this important subject.

    But please do some math and use some logic and honesty.

    Lets pretend a guild has legitimately unlocked 60 members which seems unlikely if FUN still hasn't

    but ALL BONUSES UNLOCKED is just not possible as of yet in this game, please don't take us for fools.

    i understand not lowering the 60 member guilds because you dont want to piss off customers but there is no way any guild unlocked all those energy bonuses. Please do the math on how much that would cost in actual real money and you will see there is no guild that should have them all unlocked. You could just roll all those back and everyone would still be in their guilds. Legitimately have all bonuses, come on who are you trying to kid?? Please we at least need you being honest with us if you want us to believe you are really going to do anything about this.

  15. #15
    Consistent Contributor
    Member Since
    Feb 2013
    Post Count
    123
    I'm sure there are some legit guilds who drop real $ to get all of the bonuses open. The ones I know of are:

    Neurosurgeons United
    Sheiks R' Us
    Hedge fund managers Alliance
    Band of Oil Barons
    Bill Gates of Hell

    Any others I'm missing?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •