Recent Rivals List Parameter Modifications - Page 2

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recent Rivals List Parameter Modifications

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuzer View Post
    and like it was noted, getting limited buildings now has become muuuuch much harder
    Maybe this was one of main reasons for the change. People buying gold but not buying cash. Hmmm, seems plausible to me.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Maybe this was one of main reasons for the change. People buying gold but not buying cash. Hmmm, seems plausible to me.
    I think that is probably a stretch. I know of literally no one who has spent real cash for in game cash... not saying it hasn't or won't happen, but that seems an unlikely motivation.

What is most troubling to me about this whole scenario is two things:

1.) Obviously with all of these confirmations of similar experiences pouring in from all of you, a change to the previous functionality was made. WHY WAS THERE NO COMMUNICATION?

2.) Was this particular code rewrite really the most efficient way to spend developer resources given all of the other aspects of the game that are currently leaving much to desire?

OSOK is Recruiting for Top 20: www.powerbang.info/OSOK/recruiting

Come see what all the fuss is about

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Many of us are waiting for a response to the OP. WHY can't this resonable, respectful and potentially helpful question be answered? WHY!?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Wall View Post
    Many of us are waiting for a response to the OP. WHY can't this resonable, respectful and potentially helpful question be answered? WHY!?
    Because we haven't heard back from the dev team about it yet We'll have a reply up as soon as we can though.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by pb23 View Post
    I used to highly recommend dropping allies as a way to fly under the radar of the typically stronger players at 500 allies. Now you'll need to apparently drop them to 100-150.

Makes overvaulting much more of a pain. Getting that first couple LE Building for new players just became that much more of a chore.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Because we haven't heard back from the dev team about it yet We'll have a reply up as soon as we can though.
    Thanks CJ. It just seemed like a random functionality change with no real problem driving the need for a solution...

I know it caught me off guard, and quite honestly it has taken much of the fun out of the game for me. I get quite a few of my jollies from raiding and making money... as mean as that may sound I can speak for my faction as well, from whom I've heard 100% negative feedback regarding this change.

My concern is that it was somehow a patch addressing the needs of the 1%. Hoping the constraints ccn be loosened up some.

Thanks again and I'll await your reply.

(Happy Monday :P)

Consistent Contributor
    Post Count
    Getting to the root of the problem---the DEVS are in charge? What?

47th Armenia, 58-3 12/12 completed

Thanks CJ. It just seemed like a random functionality change with no real problem driving the need for a solution...

I know it caught me off guard, and quite honestly it has taken much of the fun out of the game for me. I get quite a few of my jollies from raiding and making money... as mean as that may sound I can speak for my faction as well, from whom I've heard 100% negative feedback regarding this change.

My concern is that it was somehow a patch addressing the needs of the 1%. Hoping the constraints ccn be loosened up some.

Thanks again and I'll await your reply.

(Happy Monday :P)
    Well, it caught us off-guard too since we didn't release a change. We're still looking into it.

Post Count
    I know what you mean, I had a couple players I used to find routinely to fund LE buildings and upgrades but now it's a lot harder to find the people on my spreadsheet. Hope this gets fixed.

PS - want to share that your spreadsheet? haha

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ54 View Post
    Well, it caught us off-guard too since we didn't release a change. We're still looking into it.
    This absolutely cracks me up. As has been said a hundred times here, if this happened in my workplace,...well, you know the rest...

At least we also know you all don't communicate with each other. Not just us.

JOIN THE STORIED, BEASTS OF MODERN WAR!

PM NOW FOR DETAILS!

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzol View Post
    Wow, what a load of bollucks. If only everyone playing modern war had such a strategic mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Mastermind View Post
    Full FRONTAL?! Must be a different game than I'm playing. Lol

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    This absolutely cracks me up. As has been said a hundred times here, if this happened in my workplace,...well, you know the rest...

At least we also know you all don't communicate with each other. Not just us.
    No reason to be a jerk about it... On one hand you ask for transparency and when that request is fulfilled you feel like slinging mud anyways if the answers aren't to your liking.

They are FAR from perfect, I think everyone recognizes that... but the effort goes a long way in the eyes of the majority.

I personally appreciate the communication as it is far superior to the radio silence we became accustomed to.
    Last edited by pb23; 01-13-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Post Count
    Haha that wouldn't be fair to the folks listed on it. They did nothing wrong and I'm sure they're tired of seeing me.

And for now... they shall get their wish... I can't find good targets anymore anyways... just a bunch of abandoned bases.

On the positive side... this wasn't an INTENDED change if I'm reading correctly. This means that whatever changed (and something DID change) can be reverted. Interested to hear what the Devs say.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWC View Post
    I know what you mean, I had a couple players I used to find routinely to fund LE buildings and upgrades but now it's a lot harder to find the people on my spreadsheet. Hope this gets fixed.

PS - want to share that your spreadsheet? haha

Verbose Veteran
    Post Count
    No reason to be a jerk about it... On one hand you ask for transparency and when that request is fulfilled you feel like slinging mud anyways if the answers aren't to your liking.

They are FAR from perfect, I think everyone recognizes that... but the effort goes a long way in the eyes of the majority.

I personally appreciate the communication as it is far superior to the radio silence we became accustomed to.
    1. I didn't ask for transparency. You did. And I will comment on it as I see fit.

2. If you think this impresses a majority, you need a new polling system.

3. I am glad you appreciate it. How's the view with your head between your legs?

4. In honesty, what I mean is that GREE nor the Devs nor CJ need any apologists here. He has a job to do and he does it as he and his bosses see fit. Likewise for the whole company. They don't need a defender. We may not like how they do it, and we are free to state such displeasure. Does that fix it? No. But I still hold hope that on the margins our displeasure has some impact...if tiny. I can assure you that hindquarters make out sessions have no such positive impact.
    Last edited by Generik79; 01-13-2014 at 07:27 PM.

Articulate Author
    Post Count
    I still see people +/- 10 levels, ally counts from 1 up to 350. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks View Post
    I still see people +/- 10 levels, ally counts from 1 up to 350. So I don't know what you're talking about.
    They may have tweaked it again... apparently they are looking into it. I'll go retest.

What is your level and ally count? Maybe that factors in.

EDIT: Still seeing the same... +2/-3 levels and 240 to 499 allies all on same page haha.
    Last edited by pb23; 01-13-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Post Count
    Quote Originally Posted by Generik79 View Post
    1. I didn't ask for transparency. You did. And I will comment on it as I see fit.

2. If you think this impresses a majority, you need a new polling system.

3. I am glad you appreciate it. How's the view with your head between your legs?

4. In honesty, what I mean is that GREE nor the Devs nor CJ need any apologists here. He has a job to do and he does it as he and his bosses see fit. Likewise for the whole company. They don't need a defender. We may not like how they do it, and we are free to state such displeasure. Does that fix it? No. But I still hold hope that on the margins our displeasure has some impact...if tiny. I can assure you that hindquarters make out sessions have no such positive impact.
    You're such an impressive person.