This game is starting to become pointless...

GREE

GREE Forum - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: This game is starting to become pointless...

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Post Count
    29

    This game is starting to become pointless...

    Gree, this game is an ingenious plan against innocent people. I am on of the victims in this plan, and so are the majority of the players of the game. I spend too much money on this game as do countless other players in this game. After this event, I for one am done dropping money on a stupid game. Seriously people, just think about what you are spending your money on.. We are dropping hundreds of dollars for virtual points on our profile to become higher. I just spent $150 on this event for a couple stupid little weapon. I still don't know what I was thinking. In the end, the "stat inflation" will continue to inflate. Shocker!! I know! But, these weapons you spent hundreds of dollars on.. BAM they go along with the weapons that you got back in Funzio's reign.

    Since people that buy gold are GREE's main source of income, what if theoretically everyone stopped buying gold for the stupid events such as these. This is easy for me to say because I'm not extremely addicted like some other players, but if the people on the forum actually wanted GREE to listen to them, this would be the most powerful attack in my opinion.

    However, there are always scumbags in this game, who would fall victim to some new bull**** 60% off all gold purchases, when everyone fasts from buying gold. I would even be tempted to buy that. Not anymore though, I am officially retiring from GREE's Gold Rush.

    Back to my main point, that "attack" on GREE is all theoretical and will never happen, because the people playing this game are all weak. That and there are simply too many people playing this game who don't read the forum but also buy gold. So, there is really no point in this game besides harvesting buildings, fighting rivals, and ranking up. It about to be what is was like 3 years ago when I first started this game.

  2. #2
    Articulate Author Electrify's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Basement
    Post Count
    249
    Your just now realizing this?
    Name- RAMBO
    Level 216
    Attack- 300,xxx,xxx
    Defense-200,xxx,xxx
    IPH 35,xxx,xxx
    Invite Code- 764-591-244

  3. #3
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Post Count
    682
    Damnit.. you beat me to it electrify..

    Agreed though..
    No, I'm not who you might think I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by krimesity View Post
    can someone paypal me $4,100.00 so I can buy enough in-game cash to get the weapon?

  4. #4
    Prominent Poet Dr BoneCrusher's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    N J
    Post Count
    1,135
    Bro, a couple of things.

    First, entertainment is the point of the game. We all pay for it some how, be it time or money.

    I must say after a year lay off what I see is this game is lacking Drama! No villains or Underdogs. No conflicts! In Crime Cities Hey Day, And might I add I was a part of, where Good Public Fights! This Game has lost that. Who does everyone Hate? Who are the upstart underdogs?

    Second, and more to your point! In real estate the saying is "location! Location! Location!" In this game it is "modifiers modifires modifires". Don't spend a dime unless it is to obtain them. IF anyone spent money on the boss event, they must be crazy!

    Finally, don't delet you hood you will come back!
    "Death is the only Truth, everything else is a lie that needs to be Challenged" ~me

    CC 713 326 852

  5. #5
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Post Count
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr BoneCrusher View Post
    Bro, a couple of things.

    First, entertainment is the point of the game. We all pay for it some how, be it time or money!
    Exactly, I started this game as a free player in a top 500 syn swearing to never spend money on this game. Now, I'm in a top 25 syn earning 250K+IP per battle and finishing almost every event. Mostly because of my friends and how much I enjoy playing with them. To put that in perspective, I also play men's softball pretty competitively and spend hundreds a year just on bats, that too mostly because of friends I enjoy being around....

    To put that all in perspective my wife spends more than that shopping every month.

    Spend your money on what you want when you want but don't come on here crying and telling us you're not gonna spend anymore (directed at OP) do something else with your money if you wish or do absolutely nothing with it but I don't care either way.

  6. #6
    Articulate Author Electrify's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Location
    In The Basement
    Post Count
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTeflonDon View Post
    Damnit.. you beat me to it electrify..

    Agreed though..
    Great minds think alike lol
    Name- RAMBO
    Level 216
    Attack- 300,xxx,xxx
    Defense-200,xxx,xxx
    IPH 35,xxx,xxx
    Invite Code- 764-591-244

  7. #7
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    596
    I don't see why people don't just pay their willingness-to-pay for events, provide constructive feedback to the devs on the events, and then shut up.
    proud owner of toy box

    Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

  8. #8
    Lurker
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by OmgMileyCyrus View Post
    Exactly, I started this game as a free player in a top 500 syn swearing to never spend money on this game. Now, I'm in a top 25 syn earning 250K+IP per battle and finishing almost every event. Mostly because of my friends and how much I enjoy playing with them.
    And this would be why syndicates/factions are a brilliant marketing ploy by Gree. Now they can rely on the players to provide pressure on other members of their syndicates to buy gold. Gotta keep those influence points up in battle. ;-)

  9. #9
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    Post Count
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShmoo69 View Post
    And this would be why syndicates/factions are a brilliant marketing ploy by Gree. Now they can rely on the players to provide pressure on other members of their syndicates to buy gold. Gotta keep those influence points up in battle. ;-)
    there is no pressure....just join a different syn with less requirements. Like I said top 50 syns have free players

  10. #10
    Lurker
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by OmgMileyCyrus View Post
    there is no pressure....just join a different syn with less requirements. Like I said top 50 syns have free players
    Yes, I agree 100% but... then again, the player would have to say goodbye and leave a majority of their new online friends behind. This kind of goes back to a basic high school "click" psychology to belong to something GREAT (i.e. top xxx syndicate). Personally, with stat inflation being what it is I've taken this option and no longer spend real $$ on this game.

  11. #11
    Articulate Author
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Post Count
    283
    There are rules to this game. Rule number 1. Stay a free player no matter what. Rule number 2. Let the suckers pay for this thumbs game.

  12. #12
    Verbose Veteran
    Member Since
    May 2013
    Post Count
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by OmgMileyCyrus View Post
    there is no pressure....just join a different syn with less requirements. Like I said top 50 syns have free players

    They can't settle for that solution, Miley, because the dissonance of only getting prize Y and not prizes X,Z,and A is too great.












    I have a home with open spots for free top-50/75 players with high stats if they were even looking.........
    Last edited by GucciMane; 03-03-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    proud owner of toy box

    Proud retired ex-member of Original Syn and Legen...dary.

  13. #13
    Consistent Contributor ILikeTheAbuse's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Post Count
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by the schwayzz View Post
    i just spent $150 on this event for a couple stupid little weapon.
    ...
    This is easy for me to say because i'm not extremely addicted like some other players,

    hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    -just a sucker with no self esteem

    Quote Originally Posted by Dipstik View Post
    A fool and his syndicate are soon parted

  14. #14
    Moderator Vile Lynn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2011
    Location
    in your dreams
    Post Count
    6,408
    2011 is calling...

    It wants it point back.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Member Since
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Main Game
    Crime City
    Post Count
    856
    I will never pay real money to this game. I'm just going to play on a daily basis by working my way up and soon I will work my way up. This may take me months, even years to catch up to players who spend hundreds to thousands of dollars in this game, but I can tell myself that I did it from hard work and dedication. Anyone who doesn't do what I do is just spoiled little kids using there moms credit card or stupid adults wasting there paycheck. This is true facts, don't waste that much money on this "gold" that is in a game. ****, for $150 bro you could buy a decent amount of real gold, wow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •